Shri. B. R. Rathod (NCC Officer) (Head)
The aim of NCC is to develop the attitude – ‘Our blood is for the nation’ among the students of the College.
NCC department in GCC is a part of 2nd MAH. BN-Bravo Company of Maharashtra Directorate. In addition to the Sunday parades, students participate in various camps held at State, National and International level. These include Thal Sainik Camp, Army Attachment Camp, International Youth Exchange Programme etc. NCC activities also include participation of students in the Republic Day Parade at New Delhi; treks and fort conservation drives; and participation in various competitions.
Dr. A. D. Jahagirdar (Programme Officer)(Head)
NSS aims at personality development of students through community services. The motto of NSS is - ‘Not Me, But You’. NSS tries to develop among students- social sensitization, dignity of labour, awareness of basic human rights and upliftment of the down-trodden people.
One Hundred students are selected every year as NSS volunteers. The activities of NSS unit of GCC include – arranging blood donation camps; participation in Ganesh Immersion Programme; organizing Winter Camp; participation in relief work on the occasion of natural calamities; building toilet blocks; participation in ‘Nirmal Gram Yojana’; tree plantation programme etc.
Shri. U. A. Bibave (Head)
- To promote Sports & Physical Education.
- To nurture sports culture among the students.
- To optimum Utilization of Existing Facilities & Equipment for sports.
- To create awareness towards physical fitness.
- To motivate students to participate in intercollegiate and inter-class competitions.
- Organized Interclass & Inter Department Sports Activities to develop good qualities among the students i.e. Physical Fitness, Winning attitude, Sportsman spirit, Team Work etc.
- Participation in Inter Collegiate sports competition organized by Pune City Zonal Sports Committee under Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Invited renowned sports personalities to have interaction with students.
- Physical Education Scheme for First year students as per the guideline of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Organized intercollegiate and inter zonal sports competition.
- Organized Sports competition for Non teaching staff in the college.
Shri. Avinash Salve (Head)
The aim of Youth Red Cross is to inculcate the spirit of ‘Friendship, Health & Service’ among students. The main objective of YRC is to enhance social ethics and to offer help on social problems to the needy persons in the society.
The activities of YRC unit of GCC are conducted as per the guidance and direction of Indian Red Cross Society. College unit participates in various activities organized by Pune District Branch such as training programmes on Disaster Management and Use of First Aid; HIV/AIDS Awareness rallies; Blood Donation Camps etc.