Well defined placement policy help students to pursue their dreams. College conducts campus placement drives from different sectors such as Manufacturing, Automobile, Service Sectors- Bank & Insurance, Constructions, IT and ITes etc.
Placement and Career Guidance Cell
Placement and Career Guidance Cell is the link between Industry and students. Created for interaction and familiarization of students with the recruiting organizations and their work profile. The motive of the placement cell is to develop employable skills among students and help them select right profile job.
In Placement and Career Guidance Cell, students were trained through seminars; lectures from Industry trainers, HR managers, role play, pre-placement talks, workshops etc, in order to develop practical approach to tackle any challenge in the real life situations.
Workshops and Lectures
- A lecture on “Career Guidance” was conducted by Mrs. Shweta Goswami on 11-01-2018 for BBA, BBA (CA), BBM (IB) students.
- A session on Psychometric test was conducted by Prof. S. Jayaraman on 09-02-2018 for TY BBA/BBA IB and TY BBA CA students.
- A three day Pre Placement workshop was arranged for Garware College and Other College students on:
- Importance of Soft Skill & GD-PI, Interview Skills.
- Resume Writing, Real time market information.
- Career Opportunities in various sectors.
As an initiative to provide students a strong platform in Placement and Career Guidance, the college has formed the Placement Pool by inviting other colleges in Pune to be a part of the Placement Pool Initiative.
- S.P. College
- St. Mira’s College
- Symbiosis College of Commerce
- Ness Wadia College of Commerce
- M.I.T College of Commerce
MES Garware College of Commerce in association with Mahindra Pride Classroom organized a two day Placement fair at the Garware college campus for graduates and post graduates students from management and commerce streams.
Over 40 Companies from various sectors participated in the fair offering opportunities in placements, graduate jobs and summer internships to the students.
Prominent companies namely WNS, Mphasis, Syntel, HDFC, Tech Mahindra, Bajaj Finserv, Big Basket and Axis securities, Maruti Suzuki, etc. recruited students from various streams.
Over 600 job seekers from different colleges across Maharashtra had participated in the fair and more than 130 students got shortlisted in companies from Retail, Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Automobile, IT and ITES, Service, Insurance and Hospitality sector with students grabbing salary packages from 1.5 to 2.5 lacs per annum.